Exclusive

Publication

Byline

NDRRMC: Reported deaths from severe weather conditions climb to 12

Manila, July 24 -- The reported deaths from the adverse effects of the southwest monsoon and tropical cyclones Crising (Wipha), Dante (Francisco) and Emong (Co-May) have climbed to 12, the National Di... Read More


OCD, AFP beef up joint response to adverse weather effects

Manila, July 24 -- The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) will further boost their joint disaster response operations, as the country faces overlapping threats... Read More


PBBM visits flood-hit area, leads aid distribution in Rizal town

Manila, July 24 -- President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Thursday visited families displaced by massive flooding in San Mateo, Rizal. During his visit to the Maly Elementary School in San Mateo town, ... Read More


GSIS opens emergency loan window for storm-hit areas in Luzon

Manila, July 24 -- The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) opened its emergency loan for members and pensioners in four calamity-hit areas following the onslaught of the former Severe Tropical ... Read More


NGCP assures public of readiness vs. current weather disturbances

Manila, July 24 -- The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) on Thursday said all necessary preparations and precautions have been put in place to limit the impact of Typhoon Emong (Co-M... Read More


Marcos: Extreme weather now the norm, preps must be 'semi-permanent'

Manila, July 24 -- President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Thursday called for a shift in mindset on disaster preparedness, urging government agencies to treat the country's typhoon response system as "s... Read More


Gov't rescue assets, personnel ready for 'Dante', 'Emong' - OCD

Manila, July 23 -- The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) on Wednesday said all available government rescue assets and personnel are on standby for any eventualities as two more weather systems threaten to... Read More


BFP on full alert in response to severe weather

Manila, July 23 -- The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) has placed all its officers across the country on "full alert status" or "code red" in response to the effects of the bad weather brought by the ... Read More


MMDA collects 600 tons of garbage in NCR streets, pumping stations

Manila, July 23 -- The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has so far collected 603.723 tons of garbage in cleaning operations across the National Capital Region (NCR) following the flood... Read More


Installation of new Cebu archbishop Alberto Uy set Sept. 30

Manila, July 23 -- Archbishop-designate Albert Sy Uy is set to be installed as the head of the Archdiocese of Cebu in September. "With hearts full of joy, we announce to you all that on Sept. 30, 20... Read More